Welcome to Mòd Naiseanta Aimearagaidh, the U.S. National Mòd, an annual celebration of Scottish Gaelic song and culture in North America, featuring competitions, cèilidhs, performances, and workshops.
ACGA will hold its annual US National Mòd, an online celebration of Scottish Gaelic language arts including song, poetry, and storytelling, on Saturday, Nov. 12 and Sunday, Nov. 13, 2022.
This will be our third online Mòd, enabling Scottish Gaelic learners from around the globe to join us from the comfort of their own homes! The weekend begins with competitions and a cèilidh on Saturday and ends with special workshops from our adjudicators on Sunday morning.
All registrants pay a base fee of $25, while competitors pay an additional $20 fee covering all competitions.
This year’s adjudicators will be announced shortly. Watch our blog for more news and check our page on Facebook.
The U.S. National Mòd is, at its core, a series of competitions in Scottish Gaelic song, poetry, and storytelling. But the Mòd also is much more than competitions.
- It’s a chance to join a Gaelic community that’s enthusiastic and supportive of learners at every level, from fluent speakers to new beginners.
- It’s a chance to learn Gaelic songs from some of the best singers and instructors from Scotland and Nova Scotia.
- It’s a chance, if you’re a Gaelic learner, to use the language. And it’s a fun weekend with old and new friends.
More Information & Useful Links
- What is a Mòd?
- History of the U.S. National Mòd
- The Royal National Mòd (Scotland)
- Regional US and Canadian Mòds
- Scottish Gaelic Song Archive
- Contact the Mòd Committee