Welcome to Mòd Naiseanta Aimearagaidh, the U.S. National Mòd, an annual celebration of Scottish Gaelic song and culture in North America, featuring competitions, cèilidhs, performances, and workshops.
The 2021 U.S. National Mòd is set for Saturday, Nov 13 and Sunday, Nov 14. To register, click here.
The U.S. National Mòd is, at its core, a series of competitions in Scottish Gaelic song, poetry, and storytelling. But the Mòd also is much more than competitions.
- It’s a chance to join a Gaelic community that’s enthusiastic and supportive of learners at every level, from fluent speakers to new beginners.
- It’s a chance to learn Gaelic songs from some of the best singers and instructors from Scotland and Nova Scotia.
- It’s a chance, if you’re a Gaelic learner, to use the language. And it’s a fun weekend with old and new friends.
More Information & Useful Links
- What is a Mòd?
- History of the U.S. National Mòd
- The Royal National Mòd (Scotland)
- Regional US and Canadian Mòds
- Scottish Gaelic Song Archive
- Contact the Mòd Committee